Thursday, May 27, 2010

Valley Days at Micke Grove Park- May 13, 2010

Click here to view these pictures larger



One of the most anticipated field trips of the year is Valley Days! I love Valley Days and so do my kids!!! I have been privileged to attend this field trip on 3 encounters and every time I go it just gets better and better. I prefer to work the laundry area (I guess it's what I'm good at)! Kids love pumping their water, and using the washboards. They learn that Monday is a washday and Tuesday is an ironing day. Other areas the kids get to go to are the leather stamping, tinning, wood works, ink press and gold mining. There are kids games and time for education in the old school house. Lunch time brings fun where the groups can mingle some and when the triangle is rung we know it's time to move to the next station! I love Valley Days and hopefully next year someone will need an extra volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment