Thursday, May 27, 2010

What does colored cleats have to do with a 12 th Birthday?












For a couple months now Mo has been trying to persuade me that she "needs" colored cleats. I admit some of the arguments have been very convincing but I still wasn't perfectly clear why she needed the colored cleats. Does it make you run faster, score more goals or just overall increase your performance???? I know as well as everyone else it's just a thing to have and be cool with! SO I decided to have a little fun with Mo on her birthday, at least I thought so. I took an old pair of her cleats and spray painted them, then wrapped them in a new NIKE shoe box and gave them to her on her birthday! Excited at first, in fact elated might have been a better word for it. After a few seconds she started to examine them a little more closely and asked "why do they smell like paint?" Rob chimes in with "well that's how they get colored cleats, they take black ones and paint them!" Well of course they do!! I don't think that sat very well with her and she became a little upset thinking we were teasing her....... well, we were common! Little did she know there was a gift certificate in an envelope telling her she could go get her REAL colored cleats! We still haven't picked out her cleats but the time will come, I will have to update later which pair she chooses!!
The night ended positive with a dinner at Red Robin!!

Love you Mo and Happy 12th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment