Monday, November 8, 2010

LA Weekend Getaway




It all started at a fundraiser I attended with my friends earlier in the year when I bid on a UCLA game and an autographed football. I thought I was doing my part by getting the bid going with a low bid, but to my surprise...........I won it! I told Rob in February we were going to go to LA for our anniversary a little late but we'd be checking out a UCLA vs. Stanford game at the Rose Bowl. We flew out of Stockton on Allegiant Air for a ridiculous price of $9.99 each way so I figured it was meant to be! We stayed at the famous Westin Bonaventure where many movies have been filmed including: In The Line of Fire, Nick of Time, True Lies, Midnight Madness and so much more! Friday night we started happy hour at 2:30 pm at Engine Co. No 28 Restaurant and Bar! This was totally cool, an old firehouse that had been converted into a restaurant.

We met one of our high school friends in Beverly Hills who is into producing movie shorts (one of Rob's hobbies) so we hung out for a while and caught up on old times! We were also fortunate enough to sit in on a live taping on the CBS set to see a new series "Better with You" which airs on Wednesday nights. Totally worth the long time they keep you to get the acts right and produce the most laughs!

Finally, we headed to the UCLA game but not with out first stopping off at the world famous home of the French Dip Sandwich "Philippe's". If you're ever in the area and need some good grub and a fun atmosphere this is your place. After a satisfying meal we headed over to UCLA campus and walked off our dinner to get in! The place was packed with alumni from both UCLA and Stanford. UCLA took a beating 0-35 to be exact, but the fun atmosphere was something to take in!

We flew home the next morning and came home to a homemade cake by the kids. A perfect 2 day get away was just what the doctor ordered!







No comments:

Post a Comment